10/20/2006

Blogging on the Brain: 10/15 - 10/20

Recent highlights from the cog/neuro blogosphere:

Distinct roles for ACC and PFC in goal and task-relevant retrieval, respectively?

A fantastic blog that's new to me

Dual-route models of recollection & familiarity are vindicated by new fMRI evidence

Videos of lectures on everything from "Viruses as Nanomachines" to "Chaos and Fractals: Predicting the Unpredictable"

More on the astrocyte hypothesis, from November's issue of PLOS Biology

Video Game Violence: Can they act as an outlet for violent people?

The Washington Post has an article on mental gymnasiums - with quotes from established academics on the science behind the brain fitness movement. (Also covered here)

Sharp Brains covers the fact and the fiction of brain-based education

Arthur Jensen has a new book: Clocking the Mind

Have a nice weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a specific comment, but I thought I'd say I really enjoy YOUR blog. Thanks for all the work you put into it!

10/21/2006 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Chatham said...

Why thank you! :) I enjoy it too.

10/22/2006 09:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home